My unique retro bookmarks for Arsenic

Sunday, August 14, 2011
The idea about Arsenic blog was crawling in my head for a long time and I was also thinking about giving it a personal touch, creating a website which won't be only a presentation of things I make during free time, but also a place which mark my spot in the Internet. That's why I thought up a retro style fitting to my concept. Of course not everything I create is retro, vintage or related to Fin de siècle (but other ideas I'll present further in process).


Currently, let's go retro again - my own Arsenic bookmarks I've created. They are all based on very old and partly damaged photos from 1900-1930, that I have in postcard versions and made scans of them. Some of them present long forgotten actresses and singers from that period of time (Maude Fealy for example), some of them are just model postcards made by unknown photographers...

I've scanned all postcards I had, retouched and re-painted them in Gimp, using brushes I've created previously. They started a new life as big 3000 x 3000 pixels square arts I cropped later to a bookmark size. At the very bottom I've placed the name of the blog and url I'll use in future. It took me two days to finish it. They for sure will be used in another creations.

They all have an equal size of a big bookmark: 21 cm x 5 cm and I want to have them printed on coated paper with density about 300g/m2 or even more. They will be a perfect addition to jewellery, boxes and other things ;)

I enjoyed creating them so much I decided to make few more in the nearest future. Effects will be published here :)

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Sharing

Share |