Two additional Arsenic bookmarks

Wednesday, August 17, 2011
As I wrote before I promised to make more Arsenic-related creations. I've enjoyed designing bookmarks a lot, so I decided to make another two of them to add to the set. Here they are:



I used photo references from old, damaged photos and postcards from ca. 1900-1930, authors and models are unfortunately probably dead by now. I've scanned old photos, retouched them and re-painted them using my Wacom Intuos 3 graphic tablet - the best tool with a pen to get ;) One of models of that old photos was of course a fabulous Maude Fealy (1883-1971), who firstly appeared in a silent film in 1911. It was so nice to retouch that old and damaged photo and then to paint it from a sketch to restore her beauty...

A second bookmark I've made today (on the right) is quite special. Someone told me that model looks like the Bride of Frankenstein, perhaps because of the hairstyle I've added to her ;) Anyway it fits well, so I'm not going to change it, I think ;)

My collection is growing and I'm really fond of it! Well, good they improved my mood today, it wasn't the best day of my life, so I have at least something to be proud and happy about... :)

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Sharing

Share |