Victorian purples

Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Another gift for my friend who wanted me to combine her own purple tissue (with swirly pattern) with some of victorian ladies motives. I had a proper decoupage paper full of nice reproductions of victorian fashion drawings. I chose three of them and cut them out. I like this connection of colors: purple + white + gold - that's why I based my design on it.


I've made a little purple shading around ladies' figures and sticked the entire composition over the crackled surface to give a vintage look. For box's sides I used the very same pattern I used for my Glamour black and white project, just different color variation:

Edges of the box gave been painted gold which fits to victorian ladies' dresses. That swirly pattern on sides of the lid has been made not from the first layer of my tissue (with the print on), but of the second one which has got only a delicate shade of the print visible and is very desaturated. It gives a nice contrast.

As usual: I've used the inner side of the lid to make a similar composition with one victorian lady which pops out from the pattern because of a subtle purple frame I painted from both sides and bottom of her. The inner side of the box's border is painted dark-purple to achieve complementarity.

And, well, even Her Majesty approves ;)

from: Around the World in 80 days movie

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Sharing

Share |