Blue art-nouveau box

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

This is the time for a proper painted tea-box for my own kitchen. The top - like my previous ones - is conpletely painted with acrylics. Sides of this box are made with decoupage technique. I was inspired by one of Alphonse Mucha's litograph and by bouqiniste's self-portrait she painted using ink pastel and color pencil. I sketched it on the box and painted it by myself changing color pallete to blue. I used more vivid acrylics for the head and jewelry-piece...


I didn't want to keep myself completely loyal to my inspiration so I've made a different nose shape and played around with color.


I shaded the entire background using sponge and colors from cobalt-blue, navy-blue, baby-blue and white...


Edges of the lid are painted cobalt-blue also using sponge.



Sides are decoupage'd with a nicely-looking tissue pattern. And I think it fits to the whole:



It's a great piece to reproduce on wood, therefore I want to thank bouquiniste for inspiration and for that my kitchen obtained another great item used very often by everyone...


Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Sharing

Share |