Art nouveau Ivy - reproduction on wood

Sunday, August 21, 2011
Inspired by work of Alphonse Mucha from 1901, I've sketched and then painted it on a wooden box. It was previously another cigar box made of cherry wood, about 21 x 15 cm. I've painted the Ivy on the lid, and I covered sides of the box with acrylic paint texture using small sponge...

Of course there's an original engraving visible under layers of my paint - it was so deeply engraved that abrading it or filling it with more paint didn't cover it completely (I also didn't have silicon mastic in my stock yet). Anyway luckly it's not so visible in reality :)

I used mostly all kinds of green acrylic paints I had: cold and warm green tones mixed together balanced with all kinds of fiery red-orange tones that gave a nice contrast to it. The original Mucha's litograph wasn't so colorful and vivid anyway, that makes my box a bit special. Sides have been painted with sponge in all shades of green and blue...

This particular box I use to store my jewellery components (it has got six compartments inside), so almost all beads, wires, silver elements etc. fit in there.

Here I present an iPhone quality photo of my work in progress:

Enjoy! :)

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Sharing

Share |