Vintage capsules

Friday, September 30, 2011
There was the time I didn't have access to wooden easter-eggs for decoupage because they were very rare in internet shops and became quickly out of stock. Now they can be found almost everywhere where handicraft supplies are being sold. But if you don't have your material to work with - you simply create it out of other things and do what you can. It was also the time when my father was very sick so we were visiting him in hospital often. From that days I've gotten many of those disposable shoe-pads you use in the hospital to walk around without dirtying anything. They all were made of wrapping film and put into colorful capsules you could have obtained from vending machines. I counted 23 of those capsules stored in my place and decided to do something of them. I still had some tissue scraps and other remnants, so I've created my own ball-shaped eggs ;)


I've painted them all white, then I used some country crackle to add rustic texture. Then I used all my tissue scraps I had to make simple decoupage with pittorico shading. Each capsule is made with different pattern.

They are sometimes treated as easter-eggs or, with wire inside, as xmas ornaments that can be hanged on the xmas tree. They also look nice as parts of vintage compositions, in a box or in a basket.


Can be also used it spring decorations, as below:

This daisy box has been found in the middle of garbage pile intended for burning. I believe it's been an old Dutch cigar-box. It took a lot of time to bring it back to life.


And this is how they looked like before:

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Sharing

Share |